Eating salad is an important part of improving eating habits. The preparation of an excellent salad is quite an effort. Pouring an unhealthy dressing on a really nutritious salad can be troubling. Healthy salad dressings homemade, are the best solution. The taste of healthy dressing seems cleaner and light, on my salad. I really enjoy my salad more without the heavy combination of high fructose corn syrup and soybean oil. Easy recipe ideas are encouraging and readily accessible. We can develop our own insights into flavors and textures of quality dressings, that are beneficial to our pursuit of better eating!
Clear Glass Mixing Bowls
Making homemade salad dressing can be very interesting. I find it helpful to start with my ingredients all out in my work space. As I add an ingredient to my bowl, I put that product away, wherever it belongs. This keeps me better organized. Clear glass mixing bowls are my favorite. It is easy to see the mixing process, as the ingredients are blended. Glass bowls clean up very well. After running a glass bowl, through the dishwasher cycle, it is certainly sterilized. For me, it just feels right to mix my dressing in a glass bowl.
Homemade Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup of Raw Honey
- 1/3 cup of Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon of Yellow Prepared Mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- ( optional ) Black Pepper to taste
Combine ingredients and mix well.
Homemade Western Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup of Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of White Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons of Yellow Prepared Mustard
- 2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
Combine ingredients and mix well
Healthy Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of Raw Honey
- 1/8 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1&1/8 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black Pepper and Sea Salt to taste
Blend all ingredients except olive oil, in blender on high to a creamy texture. Slowly blend in oil on low speed. Dressing can be made thinner by adding milk. Dressing can be made thicker by chilling in your refrigerator. Shake well in jar before using.
Better Ranch Dressing Homemade
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 cup of Healthy Homemade Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons of Ranch Seasoning Mix Powder
Combine ingredients and mix well. Chill in refrigerator for about an hour.
Honey Mustard Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2 cups of Healthy Homemade Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of Water
- 1/3 cup of Yellow Prepared Mustard
- 1/4 cup of Raw Honey
- 1&1/2 teaspoons of Poppy Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of liquid amino
Combine ingredients and mix well.
Olive Oil Based Dressings
There is general knowledge that olive oil is beneficial to good health. It is rich in antioxidants and is a good defense against heart disease. Olive oil based dressings are delicious. The great taste is my main focus. Sure, it’s a sub conscience comfort to know I am eating a good and beneficial food. I am also encouraged by the great taste and textures, enjoyed without guilt. Some commercial dressings are less harmful than others. Better yet, we can avoid soybean oil and enjoy the salad dressings that are the best!
In Conclusion, we can see many similarities of different salad dressing recipes. Never be afraid to make adjustments to your dressing. You may prefer sweeter honey mustard. You could add honey, use less vinegar or less mustard. Consider doing the opposite of those suggestions, if you like. It is safer to make small adjustments, to successfully achieve the flavor you want. The more you do this, the faster you will be able to whip up a batch of dressing. It really can be fun!